How to make homemade granola
Have you tried the big wave? It is a mixture of cereals, mainly oat flakes, nuts and other dressings. It presents toast and a little caked to carry sugar, honey, agave syrup or ark
It's a variation healthy Conventional cereals from the supermarket that, although many of them are advertised as "light", "0%" or "low fat", carry hidden sugar in the form of other ingredients.
When preparing homemade granola, we can adjust the amount of honey or any other sweetener that we add to the recipe. You can even prepare a healthier version without sweeteners.
Is very easy to prepare and will be ready in just 20 minutes. The mixture is cooked in the oven until it is crispy. In case of adding dried fruits, we will do it at the end so that they do not dry out during cooking.
The best thing about this recipe is that you can customize it and add only the ingredients you like best: seeds, nuts, dried fruit, cinnamon ... We propose the one we like the most, although you can change any ingredient and make all the variations you want .
It is convenient to prepare enough quantity and store it in a glass jar with airtight seal in a cool place.
- 400 gr of oatmeal
- 100 gr of natural almonds
- 100 gr of natural hazelnuts
- 65 gr of various seeds (sesame, chia, squash, sunflower ...)
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon powder
- 150 gr of agave syrup, maple syrup or honey
- 100 gr of coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 75 gr of dried cranberries or the dried fruit you like best
Preparation of granola recipe:
Preheat the oven to 180ºC.
Mix all ingredients less dried fruit (raisins, blueberries ...).
Cover the baking sheet with baking paper. Spread the mixture and bake for 15-20 minutes, until I am toast.
Remove from the oven.
Mix with the dry fruits.
Let cool and store in a glass jar with airtight closure.
Spread the mixture on a baking sheet covered with baking paper and bake for 15-20 minutes, until it is toasted.
How to prepare healthy granola:
To make granola even healthier, we substitute honey, maple syrup or agave syrup for crushed dates or dates paste. This paste sweetens the mixture and gets the ingredients to "stick" to get the texture we are looking for.
Date paste is very easy to prepare. It consists of crushing dates with water until there is a paste or cream. Store in a boat in the fridge. You can use it to replace honey, agave syrup, maple or brown sugar in the granola recipe or to sweeten any other preparation.
What benefits does granola have:
- Source of fiber.
- It facilitates the digestion.
- It helps fight constipation.
- Control the sugar levels in blood
- The fiber that contains granola provides greater satiety than other breakfasts. In this way, it helps us not to snack between meals.
- Source of healthy fats that become energy that our body needs to perform daily activities.
- Source of vitamins. Stresses its content in vitamin E and folic acid, among others.
- Source of minerals such as magnesium, phosphorus, copper, zinc and selenium.
Now that you know the benefits of taking granola, what are you waiting for to introduce it to your breakfasts?
How to eat granola:
As we like it the most is with milk At breakfast. There are also those who prefer to add it to the yogurt and take it as a snack. And how do you like it better? Here are two ideas that can inspire you:
Granola with yogurt, kiwi and banana.
Granola with milk and red fruits.