Noodles with spinach. Tagliatelle with spinaci
- 45 minutes
- For 4 people
- € 1.4 / person
- Pasta Recipes
Ingredients for Noodles with spinach. Tagliatelle with spinaci
- 400 g of your favorite noodles
- 65 g of butter
- 700 g fresh spinach
- 1 large onion
- 120 g of Parmesan cheese or a freshly grated Roman Pecorino (or a Spanish cheese mixed with semi-cured cow-sheep).
- 75 ml of liquid cream or special milk cream for cooking (can be soft)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
This is a recipe from pasta with spinach which has a very simple preparation, with a combination of flavors that will immediately transport you to a trattoria. The soft taste of butter accentuated by the combination of melted cheese and cream, reminds perfectly of the dishes prepared in The beautiful Italy. As in any Italian recipe the main element is pasta, noodles in this case. PastaIt is a fundamental pillar of the Mediterranean diet and should be included in our weekly menu, mainly provides carbohydrates, around 70%, 13% protein, 1.5% fats and minerals.
Vegetables play a very important role in Italian cuisine and especially in the area of the Toscana. Tuscan cuisine has a predilection for everything that gives off an aroma and is presented on the table crispy and fresh. It is not strange, therefore, that in Tuscany they have a lot of acceptance not only aromatic plants, but also vegetables of all kinds, among which are spinach. The Florentines They are also a fan of vegetables. They fill their crespelle with chard or spinach, which they accompany with ricotta or parmesan, and also prepare their corns with vegetables in the famous trippa alla fiorentina.
To complement this dish it is combined with spinach, with this we will get an important vitamin intake and we will color the plate. I recommend you do it with fresh spinach, the taste will be more intense. There are numerous varieties of spinach: Monstrous, Matador, Vital, King of Denmark, Viking, Estivato, Angleterre, Viroflay, Bloomsdale, Gigante, Holland ..., their nutritional characteristics are usually quite similar, and also their contraindications, since its acid content Uric is really high. To make the most of your vitamins A and E, iodine and also several antioxidants and minerals (containing 4 times more iron than other vegetables), should be consumed as raw as possible, in salads, for example. The truth is that they are delicious, and let's not say anything if it's the ones my father cultivates in his gardendelicious
I leave you with this classic Italian cuisine, Tagliatelle with spinaci, with a cheese and cream sauce, a dish full of color that is a real gift for the senses, delicious and aromatic at the same time. I hope you like it, cheer up with this Italian recipe.
Spinach Sauce Preparation
- If we use the fresh vegetable we wash it very well, it is necessary that we clean it of pesticides and especially of fertilizers, since this plant has a high nitrite content. If they are from the garden and we have not put any chemical, with a little water under the tap is more than enough.
- Once washed, remove the stems that protrude from the leaf, folding it in the middle (longitudinally, as in a book), and cut them. We put plenty of water to boil in a pan with a good handful of salt. When the water is very hot, we cook 2 or 3 minutes, it is enough. Once cooked, drain them and chop half the butter in a pan. Once melted add the finely chopped onion and simmer it over low heat. It is not necessary to brown too much, it will be enough that it is tender.
- Add the spinach to the pan and saute for a few more minutes. Season the mixture and add half of the grated Parmesan. We stir everything until the cheese is melted and all the ingredients are well mixed. We reserve to match the pasta.
- Although the sauce we have prepared with fresh spinach can also be prepared with frozen spinach, they are tasty and keep all the vitamins, but at this time I recommend that the recipe be prepared with fresh spinach and from the garden, you will notice the difference.
Preparation of the noodles
- I present some easy steps so that the pasta fits you perfectly. It's not that it is especially difficult but everything has its little tricks, "simple ... ma non troppo" that the Italians would say (easy, but not quite).
- Once we have the sauce ready we put the pasta, the sauce should always wait for the noodles and not vice versa.
- We heat in a casserole a liter of water for every 100 g of pasta, it is the recommended measure per person. These proportions, which are normally indicated on the packages, help the paste not to stick together. We will always try to use a large casserole, the largest in your kitchen.
- When it starts to boil in spurts we add 1 tablespoon of salt. Then add the pasta, always all together. We stir with a wooden spoon so that the noodles do not stick and remain loose.
- In the package of pasta comes the cooking time, we must be guided by these instructions because for each type it is different, in this case it is 8 minutes. So we will get what is called pasta "al dente" or at its right point, that is, do not overdo it. Once the time has elapsed, we drain the pasta immediately. In the same pot we melt the remaining butter and mix it with the pasta.
Presentation of our spinach noodles
- We have alternate layers of noodles and sauce in a baking dish, sprinkling a little of the remaining cheese in each layer. We will let the surface layer be the sauce. Finally we pour a little cream with the help of a spoon so that it is distributed throughout the dish. Above we sprinkle the last cheese we have left.
- We introduce in the oven and gratin for 10 minutes at a temperature of 200º C. The time of gratin can vary depending on the oven, but the plate will be ready when the cheese of the superficial layer is melted and with a slightly golden color.
We have ready a new dish of scrubber. I recommend accompanying this pasta with some delicious classic grissini, a type of typically Italian bread with an elongated shape and very crispy, soaked with extra virgin olive oil.