Sirloin steak with pepper
- 0 minutes
- For 4 people
- € 4 / person
- 270kcal per 100g.
- Meat and poultry recipes
Ingredients for Pepper tenderloin
- 2 medium pork tenderloins (about 500 g. Approximately)
- 100 ml meat broth
- 200 ml of cream for cooking
- 1/2 small onion
- 50 ml of brandy or cognac
- 1 tablespoon green peppercorns
- 20 g of butter
- 20 ml of extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
How to make pork tenderloin with pepper. I present a classic, one of those meat recipes that we all associate with the wedding banquets. A dish that has been forgotten but is one of the easiest and fastest recipes prepared with sirloin.
For this dish I like to prepare it with pork tenderloin, because it is a very juicy and soft meat, which accompanied with a sauce of dipping bread and not stopping, always triumphs. So do not forget to buy a good bread to dip and spread in a glorious sauce, as much or more than just published sirloin in cheese sauce.
The pepper sauce can be found accompanying many types of meat, from the veal (the steak is luxurious, although the sirloin is the most used cut), chicken, pheasant, turkey and of course, pork. But it also fits with fish, such as salmon, prawns or the famous sea bass of Pedro Subijana.
Its origin is not very clear, but they say it was invented in Paris in the 20s to accompany the steaks with a lot of pepper with a cream sauce and the juices to seal the meat. Then the jump to accompany it with green pepper was the most natural thing, and of course I jump to fame as one of the star recipes of the 80s.
Who does not remember this dish in the menu of your favorite restaurant? Cheer up with them, a recipe that everyone will surely like at home.
Preparation of pepper tenderloin
- The first thing is to buy the tenderloins, they should be a bit large, between 500-600 grams. Well, we want to make some medallions of about 3 cms. approximately.
- If you have a trusted butcher, it is best to clean them, removing excess fat, although leaving a little. Also cut the medallions diagonally so that they are larger and thicker. But at home you can do it without problems, it is very simple.
- Dry the medallions well with paper towels to remove excess moisture. Once we have the medallions ready, we pepper to taste. But with a little more pepper than usual, it has to add flavor to the sauce.
- We put a large pan on the fire and add half the olive oil and butter. Finely chop half the onion and sauté a couple of minutes over low heat, which is almost translucent. We withdraw
- In the same pan, add the rest of the extra virgin olive oil and when it is hot, we will seal the meat. That is to say to pass it to high temperature by both sides. Thus we leave the juices of the meat intact so that later it is more tender and tasty.
- When the medallions have a golden color, we remove from the pan. Without removing from heat add the brandy and deglaze. In other words, we clean the pan of the meat juices at the same time that the alcohol of the brandy evaporates. A way to add a lot of flavor to our future sauce.
Preparation of the cream sauce and final presentation of the tenderloins
- To prepare the pepper sauce, put the cream in a saucepan and add the dried or pickled green pepper. Heat without boiling to infuse the cream and catch the taste of pepper.
- As soon as you see it start to boil, turn off the heat and cover the saucepan (lid or dish) and let it sit for 10 minutes. We reserve
- While the cream is at rest, heat the meat broth in another saucepan and reduce it by half over high heat. It will be the 10 minutes of rest of the cream.
- We add to the pan where we have prepared the tenderloins the cream to remove the peppercorns. We booked some for the end of the dish.
- Heat over medium heat and as soon as the cream begins to bubble add the reduction of the meat broth and the onion. After 2 minutes when we see that the sauce thickens, we add the tenderloins with the juice they have released at the source. Let it reduce a little more and soak the sauce well. We put out the fire, just enough for the meat to return to temperature and remain in place.
- We rectify salt if necessary and add a few grains of pepper. It only remains to accompany your tenderloins with a side of fries or white rice. At home usually only with bread to dip. The protagonist, the meat.
Tips for a sirloin with scrub pepper
- The green pepper to make the sauce is a pepper that we usually find in small pots with vinegar in any supermarket. It is a pepper that is not spicy and with a very pleasant aroma.
- You can substitute cream or milk cream for evaporated milk or even coconut milk if you want to innovate. It can even be accompanied with a light béchamel prepared with whole milk.
- The reduction of the broth is important to increase the flavor of the sauce. Like the way to take advantage of the juices of the meat stuck to the pan with the brandy. It will not only add flavor but color.