- 65 minutes
- For 8 people
- € 0.6 / person
- 280kcal per 100g.
- Desserts and sweets recipes
Ingredients for Carrot Cake
- Carrot base cake: 250 g. raw carrot
- 200 g pastry wheat flour (with leavening)
- 125 ml of extra soft virgin olive oil
- 200 g brown sugar or brown sugar
- 4 eggs camperos
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 ml vanilla essence
- 10 g chemical powder yeast (Royal type)
- Cheese Frosting: 200 g Mascarpone cheese
- 200 ml cream to mount 35% MG
- 160 g glass sugar
- 40 g of butter
Carrot sponge cake with cheese frosting.
Carrot, although it may not seem like it, is an extraordinary ingredient for preparing desserts.
Mainly we use it for sponge cake type sweets, which acquire a beautiful orange color thanks to it. But it also gives them flavor, texture and fluffiness.
Since I discovered it, I have not stopped looking for options to cook desserts with this ingredient so grateful. Perhaps the best known is the famous and delicious cake Carrot Cake, a true confectionery star of the United States and the United Kingdom.
Similar to her, with sponge cake preparations, I also recommend the carrot cake with an orange cream cheese frosting and the spiced carrot cake.
Today's recipe is similar to the latter, with the addition of a rich mascarpone cheese frosting.
Carrots have gained their place in baking since medieval times, when sweet ingredients were very scarce. Although it is a vegetable, they contain a high sugar content, so they are ideal for sweet dishes. Its greatest boom came in the early twentieth century, when carrot cakes / biscuits became very popular.
For him breakfast, the brunch, the desktop, the snack, to snack between meals, this dessert is an SUV and your mind will be all the time thinking about it.
Almost like when we have a box of chocolates open at home. Does this story sound like? As said, get down to work and enjoy this carrot cake with mascarpone cheese frosting.
Preparation of carrot cake
- Peel and grate the carrots. We reserve
- On a bowl, we sift the wheat flour. Add the chemical yeast (Royal type), a teaspoon of nutmeg coffee, and finely another cinnamon powder. Mix and reserve.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs with metal rods. Next, we will be adding the rest of the ingredients. We incorporate the brown sugar, in 2 times, and continue mixing.
- We continue with the olive oil, which we pour little by little, while we beat.
- It is the first turn of the grated carrot and then of the flour, which we integrate in several batches, so that it is a very homogeneous mixture.
Baked Carrot Sponge Cake
- We preheat the oven 10 minutes at 180º C.
- We choose a round mold, which we spread with butter. We pour in the cake dough, and we bake: 35 minutes at 180º C.
- Since each oven is a world, go checking from time to time how the process evolves, to avoid burning the surface.
- If this is the case, because the oven rushes a lot, place some aluminum foil on the mold.
- To know if it is ready, we puncture the cake and check that the skewer is clean.
- After the time, we remove from the oven and let it cool.
Preparation of mascarpone cheese frosting
- In a bowl, pour the butter (40 gr.) Already melted.
- Add the mascarpone cheese and mix well, better with electric rods or blender.
- We continue with the sugar and mix again well, until a very homogeneous cream remains.
- In a separate container, we mount the cream very cold. We incorporate it into the bowl and with the help of a spatula, we integrate everything, carefully and with enveloping movements.
- With the sponge cake cold, we spread the cheese frosting on the surface, distributing evenly.
- We put in the refrigerator, and leave at least 2 hours cold, to take consistency and texture.
- This carrot cake with cheese frosting will make you succeed at home, and will delight both adults and the smallest of the house.
Wet texture, very spongy and with the touch of cheese, makes it something addictive. We attest to this, that we have practically hit it in a day and a half.
Here you have a step by step in photos of this Carrot cake Where I explain how to prepare this delicious dessert. Do not miss detail to make it perfect.