Cod with orange vinaigrette and olives
With tomato, onions, fried, steamed, battered, candied, golden, in croquettes, fritters, cakes, stews and in everything you need and in the way you can think of. The cod is that invention of nature that, preparing it in any way, is always rich, unless you are a kamikaze of the stove. In salting it is used a lot because it is preserved for much longer, but fresh - and now it is its season, in which we can enjoy the fabulous skrei Norwegian - it does the competition, and with honors, to the well-known hake or sea bass or seabream.
The dish that concerns us today is sencillote, yes, but I can promise you that the orange and black olive vinaigrette that irrigates our fish will make you fall in love so much that, from now on, you will dress up the potatoes with it. Now that I think about it, a country salad with this mix inspired by the classic soak granaino It has to be atomic; Another day I try it and tell you.
Important and vital is not to leave the piece of cod as the sole of a shoe and here it is crucial to mention that the cooking time of the fish depends a lot on its freshness. As I tell you: cooler, less time. So round and round quickly in a nonstick skillet, a couple of minutes of oven and will be ready for you to water it with that vinaigrette, where for me it is essential to use rice vinegar -for its softness and delicacy- and a good black olive. If you do not have it on hand, exchange it for an apple, which is found in all supermarkets.
Leave the cod in its point.
For 2 persons
- 2 portions of fresh cod loin of 160 gr approx
- 60 ml of olive oil
- 30 ml of rice vinegar
- 20 ml apple cider vinegar
- 50 ml of orange juice
- ½ tablespoon honey
- ½ tomato
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon chopped black olives
- 1 tablespoon chopped scallions
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Chopped Chives
- Season the cod loins and brown them in a pan with a drizzle of oil for 1 minute on each side, over high heat.
- Transfer them to a dish and bake at 200 ° C for 3 minutes.
- For the vinaigrette: chop the olives, the tomato (only the meat, discarding the heart) and the finely scallions and put them in a bowl. Sprinkle with chopped chives and dress with vinegar, ginger, salt, honey and orange juice and a jet of oil. Let macerate for 15 minutes.
- Serve the cod and sauté the meat with the vinaigrette.